Social Security Disability Benefits
Are you suffering from a serious injury or disability? Has it affected your ability to continue working? If so, you should take a moment to consult Attorney Timothy Burch about your rights to Social Security Disability Benefits.
What Are Social Security Disability Benefits?
The Social Security Administration offers financial benefits to people who have become injured or disabled and are no longer able to work. These benefits include compensation for basic living necessities, such as food, clothing, shelter, medical care, etc.
If you have made the decision to apply for Social Security Disability benefits, you should strongly consider contacting an experienced Social Security attorney like Timothy Burch. Filing for benefits can be difficult, as Social Security laws tend to be complex and confusing. Attorney Burch can work with you one-on-one to ensure all of your paperwork is filled out correctly, answer any questions you may have, and address any obstacles or problems that could affect the success of your claim.
Facts About Social Security Disability Benefits
The following is important information you should be aware of if you are preparing to file for Social Security Disability Benefits:
- Social Security benefits are only available to people who have suffered a “total” disability. The Social Security Administration defines “total disability” as:
- A physical or emotional disability that prevents you from being able to perform the same job you had or a similar job.
- A physical or emotional disability that prevents you from being able to adjust to a new line of work.
- A physical or emotional disability that you expect to last for at least one year or result in death.
- Benefit payments will not begin until you have been disabled for at least five months. Payments usually start in the sixth month of your disability.
- Payments will continue as long as your condition does not improve and you are still unable to work. However, your case will be reviewed regularly to determine if your condition and ability to work improve.
- Benefit payments are typically paid every month.
- Every January, your benefits will automatically increase if the cost of living has also increased.
To learn if you are eligible for Social Security Disability benefits, please do not hesitate to contact Greenville Social Security Attorney Timothy Burch today!